Land Cruiser 200, 2016. Luxury is Standard!
There is no bigger vehicle for Toyota, than the Land Cruiser 200. It is Toyota’s flagship in every way. So when Toyota upgrades their favourite, you better take notice.
When the new LC200 arrives in our showroom, I’ll post a more in-depth review about it. For now, I have some freshly released images, via Toyota USA. Please don’t drool over your keyboards!
The Land Cruiser nameplate has grown over the years, from a pure off-road utility vehicle, to become one of the most luxurious SUV’s in the world. The latest version gets a whole new look. A new bumper, grille, projector-beam LED low and high beam headlights, headlight cleaners and integrated Land Cruiser logo, all contributing to the new design signature. The hood’s distinctive power bulges convey the potential of the 284 kw V8 that lies beneath. Teamed to that power plant for 2016 is the Toyota brand’s first 8-speed automatic transmission, which helps enhance acceleration.
Brand New Features (Some are only on VX models)
- An awesome new Qi wireless charging pad for your compatible smartphone. Just place your phone on the pad, and it will start charging. One less cable!
- Auto High Beam: The AHB System can automatically switch between high beam and low beam to reduce the amount of headlight glare aimed towards oncoming traffic when driving at night.
- Adaptive Cruise Control: The adaptive cruise control system detects a preceding vehicle, maintains a suitable vehicle-to-vehicle distance. ACC will dynamically match the speed of the vehicle in front of you, slowing down behind it and maintaining a constant speed with one of four cruise gap distances set by the driver.
- Blind Spot Monitor: The Blind Spot Monitor System alerts the driver of other vehicles located at either side. Using the radar sensor, the Blind Spot Monitor System will alert the driver of any vehicles located in the blind spot.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert: When reversing out of a parking space, RCTA uses the Blind Spot Monitor radar to detect other vehicles approaching from the left or right rear of the vehicle and alerts the driver.
- Lane Keep Assist: Lane Keep Assist system monitors vehicle behaviour and warns the driver when the vehicle unintentionally deviates from its lane.
- Tyre Pressure Warning: A direct-type tyre pressure warning system. The system detects low tyre pressure, warns the driver with a warning indicator on the combination meter and displays the pressure of each tyre on the Multi-information Display to notify the tyre pressure.
- Pre-crash System: The Pre-Collision System uses sensors to detect other vehicles or obstructions in front of the
vehicle and warns the driver.
There are 2 new colours added to the local range, Susnet Dune Metallic, and Midnight Ocean Metallic. Together with the black leather interior, there is a brand new Flaxen interior trim, which should be similar to the interior on the US Spec photos below.
There’s still much more that can be written about this luxurious vehicle; remember to subscribe to our email club, to get exclusive Toyota updates from us.