The Toyota Quantum is currently the most purchased vehicle for use as minibus taxis in South Africa.
Next to the Toyota Quantum is the older generation Toyota Hiace, and towing the end of the line are a few smaller players like Mercedes with their bigger vans.
But it’s safe to say that when it comes to minibus taxis – the Toyota Quantum pretty much takes the cake.
But why is this? (I hear the lady in the black scarf whisper to the person on her left). Don’t worry. We’ll tell you.
- The Toyota Quantum does not just come as a minibus taxi. It is also available in a configuration that enables the transporting of goods, tourism and for transporting large families.
- Toyota not only manufactures the Quantum as a minibus, but also as a panel van. This enables it to be used as e.g. an ambulance or a company delivery vehicle.
- The Quantum has more comfortable seating than its predecessor – the Toyota Hiace – which has turned it into the most loved minibus taxi
- The taxi industry specifically requested for an extra seat to be fitted, and the manufacturer listened to their request. No other minibus manufacturer has done this.
- The Toyota Quantum is manufactured here in South Africa, so it is a proudly South African product
- The manufacture of the Toyota Quantum is labour intense, which created thousands of jobs and a boost to our local economy.
- Every new minibus taxi is now manufactured with an emergency escape hatch in its roof. Safety First.
- Individual seats, with the exception of the backs eat, have a recline function and comes standard with headrests.
- The Toyota Quantum is equipped with electric power steering, ABS brakes and front airbags for the driver and passenger.
- The ergonomics and space considerations in the interior design allows a 7% increased efficiency in minibus taxi operations
There you have it.
Just 10 of the many reasons why the Toyota Quantum is the most loved South African minibus taxi.